Thanks to its high temprature ( 120° at the nozzle) and its 10 bars pressure, dry steam is an excellent process for cleaning , degreasing and drying inline of wires, cables, strips and small diameters pipes .
Main advantages of dry steam applied to these products are :
- High degreasing levels, the steam will hit the surface and so melt the oil, grease and whatever contamination. The action of pressure coupled with strong suction will evacuate the dirt .
- Wires, strips , cables come out dry and degreased;
- Particles are removed
- The washing tool allows for fast inline cleaning at high speeds;
- Thanks to their interchangeable chambers, the washing tools are able to house various shapes, profiles and sizes;
- Low water consumption, generally less than 50 liters per hour;
- Very little water waste, generally less than 10 liters per hour;
- Very small footprint , generally less than 2 meters;
- An eco-friendly alternative to solvent systems;
- Detergent quantity considerably inferior than normal water and detergent systems.
Line speed: this is a relevant factor that leads to accumulating high quantitative of filth in a short period of time, especially when the wire section is important. Steam cleaning is the best solution since its quickness. Our systems allow for a passage speed of over 60 mt per minute.
Low water consumption: with steam cleaning water consumption is always limited, especially in the case of small section items such as wires.
Our systems have a water consumption level between 15 and 100 liters per hour.
Very few waste water : another characteristic of steam cleaning, reducing the cost of water disposal .
Very small footprint : all our cleaning and degreasing systems for wire cable and strips are designed to occupy the smallest space as possible, which makes them suitable for existing production lines .
Only the cleaning tool must be plced into the line, around the product that needs cleaning , other components like steam generator a,d vacuum unit can be remoted .
An eco-friendly alternative to solvents: we don’t use any. Since always our steam cleaning systems are a truly green solvent alternative.
If the use of a detergent is made necessary, this will be continuously recycled and so its consumption will be very low, less than 1 liter per day generally speaking.
Our Steamliner wire cleaning system has received an award for its innovation by the European community.